We got way more than we bargained for after developing the Spinder - the spinning-reel version of the now legendary Bender! Initially designed to fish Fleas, Sliders and Jitterbugs to their full potential, thanks to the extremely flexible but structurally strong S-glass tip section, the Spinder has also proved surprisingly effective (and heaps of fun!) when armed with a Knife jig, Fish Finger or Weasel jig, dealing to all sizes of snapper and even pretty big kingfish. Yes, it bends right over, but that’s half the appeal and why it works so well; you won’t believe the pressure this little rod will absorb without breaking!
- An aircraft-grade S-glass tip helps to provide slow-jigs and micro-jigs with the perfect action, softening their movements so they undulate nicely, as well as helping to prevent the smaller hooks from ripping or straightening out.
- High quality Fuji guides and tip components.
- A super-comfy and durable Fuji reel seat that’s incorporated into the fore grip - if there’s a better configuration, show it to us!.
- Skeletonized butt section with a fat little knob to spread pressure when it’s being levered against the angler’s body.
- A compact hook-holder that’s perfectly positioned out the way.
Specs: length, 1.8m; recommended line weight, PE 1-2; recommended lure weight, up to 90g (but much more, with care, if simply dropped down).
On-the-water tips: Basically the same as the Bender, but the big advantage of the Spinder is its ability to cast or lob lures well ahead of the boat, enabling lures to get down to the bottom earlier so they can be yo-yoed vertically near the sea floor for longer. Many spinning reels crank lures up more quickly than frees-pools, so less time is spent retrieving and redeploying, equating to more time effectively fishing. Attention: We suggest storing your lure in the cockpit gutter or on the floor while underway, as lures can bounce loose from the bendy rod and create havoc!
$0-$499 = $25
$500+ = FREE!
Oversized products (Rods):
Shipping prices are in NZD and covers Australia, United States, United Kingdom, Gibraltor, Germany and Denmark. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for shipping quotes outside these areas.